Cancel Facebook Permanently



Cancel Facebook Permanently - I'm sick of the continuous personal privacy changes at Facebook, frustrated that I have in good faith got in a lots of info about myself and my social circles, just to have them constantly fine-tune and fiddle things so that they can get more exposure and make more loan, all while jeopardizing my personal privacy. Exactly what's up with that, Zuckerberg?? I'm done. How can I cancel, delete, remove, axe, eliminate my account?

 

Cancel Facebook Permanently


I can completely have compassion with you. It's the only site I understand where I have to go through the privacy settings and ensure things have not "developed" to leave my information, connections and data more exposed to either search engine spiders or the public than I want. Really, it's quite exceptionally lame on their part in a society where people complain all the time about loss of personal privacy in the digital world.
That's another topic, however, I suppose.:-.

If you make certain that you do wish to delete your Facebook account then here's how you do that.

Are you sure that's exactly what you wish to do, however, rather than just entering into the privacy settings and lessening your direct exposure?

Okay, fine. Here are the steps ...
Go to "Account Settings":.

As soon as your there, scroll down and at the bottom you'll discover:.

Click on the "shut down" link on the right and you'll see an exhaustive list of reasons you might wish to leave. They're collecting data, obviously:.

Sounds like your issue has to do with personal privacy, so if you choose "I have a personal privacy issue" you'll discover a little editorial commentary from the Facebook team:.

A bit lower down you can also specify that individuals sending you friend invites (etc) will or won't bother you:.

Again, I 'd state you should think thoroughly prior to you inspect this choice, however if you really wish to never have Facebook darken your e-mail doorstep again, this is ways to do it.

Either way, click on "Deactivate My Account" if you make sure that's exactly what you wish to do. Now it's time to go through the gauntlet, starting with your password again (simply in case somebody sees you logged in and decides it 'd be a fantastic prank to delete your account):.

Remembered your password? Excellent. Now prove you're not a robot:.

This CAPTCHA requires the words "Society" "darneder" (whatever that suggests). Go into those correctly and click on "Send".

Success! The account is formally closed down, eliminated, erased and ... um, just a sec. As you can see from the text above, Facebook doesn't seem to erase your info, simply shut off the account. I'm thinking that's not exactly what you desire, but it's the best you can do.

By the method, a few minutes later on you'll get an e-mail from Facebook about your shut off Facebook account:.

So now you know. That's the best you can do, and it does efficiently shut down your Facebook account and prevent anybody else from using your email address in the future.