Cancel My Facebook



Cancel My Facebook - I'm sick of the relentless privacy changes at Facebook, annoyed that I have in great faith got in a lots of details about myself and my social circles, just to have them constantly modify and fiddle things so that they can get more exposure and make more cash, all while compromising my privacy. Exactly what's up with that, Zuckerberg?? I'm done. How can I cancel, erase, eliminate, axe, kill my account?

 

Cancel My Facebook


I can totally sympathize with you. It's the only website I know where I have to go through the personal privacy settings and make sure things have not "evolved" to leave my info, connections and data more exposed to either search engine spiders or the general public than I desire. Truly, it's pretty exceptionally lame on their part in a society where individuals complain all the time about loss of personal privacy in the digital world.
That's another topic, however, I suppose.:-.

If you make sure that you do wish to erase your Facebook account then here's how you do that.

Are you sure that's what you wish to do, nevertheless, instead of simply entering into the personal privacy settings and decreasing your direct exposure?

Okay, alright. Here are the steps ...
Go to "Account Settings":.

When your there, scroll down and at the bottom you'll discover:.

Click on the "shut down" link on the right and you'll see an extensive list of reasons that you may want to leave. They're collecting data, obviously:.

Sounds like your issue has to do with privacy, so if you select "I have a personal privacy issue" you'll discover a little editorial commentary from the Facebook team:.

A bit lower down you can likewise define that people sending you pal invites (etc) will or will not trouble you:.

Once again, I 'd state you need to think thoroughly prior to you check this option, but if you truly desire to never have Facebook darken your e-mail doorstep once again, this is the best ways to do it.

Either method, click "Deactivate My Account" if you make sure that's exactly what you desire to do. Now it's time to go through the gauntlet, starting with your password once again (simply in case somebody sees you logged in and decides it 'd be a terrific practical joke to delete your account):.

Remembered your password? Good. Now show you're not a robotic:.

This CAPTCHA requires the words "Society" "darneder" (whatever that suggests). Get in those correctly and click "Submit".

Success! The account is formally shut down, gotten rid of, erased and ... um, just a sec. As you can see from the text above, Facebook doesn't seem to erase your information, simply deactivate the account. I'm thinking that's not what you want, however it's the best you can do.

By the method, a few minutes later you'll get an e-mail from Facebook about your shut down Facebook account:.

So now you understand. That's the very best you can do, and it does efficiently closed down your Facebook account and avoid anyone else from using your email address in the future.