How Do You Cancel A Facebook Account



How Do You Cancel A Facebook Account - I'm ill of the perpetual personal privacy changes at Facebook, annoyed that I have in good faith got in a load of info about myself and my social circles, just to have them constantly modify and fiddle things so that they can get more presence and make more loan, all while compromising my personal privacy. What's up with that, Zuckerberg?? I'm done. How can I cancel, erase, erase, axe, kill my account?

 

How Do You Cancel A Facebook Account


I can completely sympathize with you. It's the only website I understand where I need to go through the personal privacy settings and ensure things haven't "evolved" to leave my info, connections and information more exposed to either online search engine spiders or the general public than I desire. Really, it's pretty incredibly lame on their part in a society where individuals grumble all the time about loss of personal privacy in the digital world.
That's another topic, however, I suppose.:-.

If you make certain that you do wish to erase your Facebook account then here's how you do that.

Are you sure that's exactly what you wish to do, however, rather than simply going into the privacy settings and lessening your exposure?

Okay, all right. Here are the actions ...
Go to "Account Settings":.

As soon as your there, scroll down and at the bottom you'll find:.

Click the "shut down" link on the right and you'll see an extensive list of reasons that you may desire to leave. They're collecting data, clearly:.

Seems like your concern is about privacy, so if you pick "I have a personal privacy concern" you'll find a little editorial commentary from the Facebook team:.

A bit lower down you can also specify that individuals sending you buddy invites (etc) will or won't bother you:.

Once again, I 'd state you must think thoroughly before you examine this option, however if you truly desire to never have Facebook darken your e-mail doorstep again, this is how to do it.

In either case, click on "Deactivate My Account" if you're sure that's exactly what you wish to do. Now it's time to go through the gauntlet, beginning with your password again (just in case somebody sees you logged in and decides it 'd be a fantastic practical joke to delete your account):.

Remembered your password? Great. Now prove you're not a robot:.

This CAPTCHA requires the words "Society" "darneder" (whatever that implies). Get in those properly and click "Submit".

Success! The account is officially closed down, gotten rid of, erased and ... um, just a sec. As you can see from the text above, Facebook doesn't appear to delete your info, simply deactivate the account. I'm thinking that's not exactly what you desire, but it's the best you can do.

By the method, a few minutes later on you'll get an email from Facebook about your shut off Facebook account:.

So now you understand. That's the very best you can do, and it does successfully shut down your Facebook account and prevent anyone else from utilizing your e-mail address in the future.