Cancel Facebook Account



Cancel Facebook Account - I'm sick of the continuous personal privacy changes at Facebook, irritated that I have in great faith got in a lots of details about myself and my social circles, just to have them constantly fine-tune and fiddle things so that they can get more visibility and make more cash, all while compromising my privacy. What's up with that, Zuckerberg?? I'm done. How can I cancel, erase, remove, axe, eliminate my account?

 

Cancel Facebook Account


I can absolutely sympathize with you. It's the only site I understand where I need to go through the privacy settings and ensure things have not "developed" to leave my information, connections and information more exposed to either search engine spiders or the general public than I desire. Truly, it's pretty extremely lame on their part in a society where people grumble all the time about loss of personal privacy in the digital world.
That's another subject, however, I suppose.:-.

If you make certain that you do wish to delete your Facebook account then here's how you do that.

Are you sure that's exactly what you wish to do, however, instead of simply entering into the personal privacy settings and decreasing your exposure?

Okay, all right. Here are the actions ...
Go to "Account Settings":.

As soon as your there, scroll down and at the bottom you'll discover:.

Click the "shut off" link on the right and you'll see an exhaustive list of reasons that you might wish to leave. They're collecting data, undoubtedly:.

Seems like your concern is about privacy, so if you pick "I have a personal privacy issue" you'll discover a little editorial commentary from the Facebook team:.

A bit lower down you can likewise specify that individuals sending you buddy welcomes (etc) will or won't bother you:.

Again, I 'd state you ought to think carefully before you check this option, but if you really wish to never ever have Facebook darken your email doorstep once again, this is ways to do it.

In any case, click on "Deactivate My Account" if you're sure that's what you wish to do. Now it's time to go through the onslaught, starting with your password once again (simply in case someone sees you visited and decides it 'd be a fantastic practical joke to erase your account):.

Remembered your password? Excellent. Now show you're not a robot:.

This CAPTCHA requires the words "Society" "darneder" (whatever that means). Go into those correctly and click on "Send".

Success! The account is officially closed down, removed, erased and ... um, just a sec. As you can see from the text above, Facebook doesn't seem to erase your details, simply deactivate the account. I'm thinking that's not what you want, however it's the very best you can do.

By the way, a couple of minutes later on you'll get an e-mail from Facebook about your shut down Facebook account:.

So now you know. That's the best you can do, and it does effectively closed down your Facebook account and prevent anyone else from utilizing your e-mail address in the future.