Canceling Facebook



Canceling Facebook - I'm ill of the relentless privacy modifications at Facebook, annoyed that I have in great faith entered a lots of info about myself and my social circles, simply to have them constantly fine-tune and fiddle things so that they can get more presence and make more money, all while compromising my privacy. Exactly what's up with that, Zuckerberg?? I'm done. How can I cancel, erase, erase, axe, eliminate my account?

 

Canceling Facebook


I can completely sympathize with you. It's the only website I know where I need to go through the privacy settings and make certain things haven't "evolved" to leave my details, connections and information more exposed to either search engine spiders or the public than I desire. Truly, it's pretty exceptionally lame on their part in a society where individuals complain all the time about loss of personal privacy in the digital world.
That's another topic, however, I suppose.:-.

If you are sure that you do wish to erase your Facebook account then here's how you do that.

Are you sure that's exactly what you desire to do, nevertheless, instead of just going into the privacy settings and reducing your exposure?

Okay, all right. Here are the actions ...
Go to "Account Settings":.

Once your there, scroll down and at the bottom you'll discover:.

Click on the "shut off" link on the right and you'll see an exhaustive list of factors why you might wish to leave. They're gathering information, clearly:.

Sounds like your issue has to do with personal privacy, so if you select "I have a privacy concern" you'll find a little editorial commentary from the Facebook group:.

A bit lower down you can also define that people sending you good friend welcomes (etc) will or will not trouble you:.

Once again, I 'd say you ought to think thoroughly prior to you examine this alternative, however if you truly desire to never ever have Facebook darken your e-mail doorstep again, this is how to do it.

Either way, click on "Deactivate My Account" if you make sure that's what you wish to do. Now it's time to go through the gauntlet, beginning with your password once again (simply in case somebody sees you logged in and chooses it 'd be a great practical joke to erase your account):.

Remembered your password? Good. Now prove you're not a robotic:.

This CAPTCHA needs the words "Society" "darneder" (whatever that implies). Get in those properly and click on "Send".

Success! The account is officially closed down, gotten rid of, erased and ... um, simply a sec. As you can see from the text above, Facebook doesn't seem to delete your information, just shut off the account. I'm thinking that's not what you want, however it's the very best you can do.

By the way, a couple of minutes later you'll get an email from Facebook about your shut off Facebook account:.

So now you know. That's the best you can do, and it does effectively closed down your Facebook account and prevent anybody else from utilizing your e-mail address in the future.