Cancelling Facebook



Cancelling Facebook - I'm sick of the never-ending privacy modifications at Facebook, frustrated that I have in excellent faith got in a heap of info about myself and my social circles, simply to have them continuously modify and fiddle things so that they can get more visibility and make more loan, all while compromising my privacy. What's up with that, Zuckerberg?? I'm done. How can I cancel, erase, remove, axe, kill my account?

 

Cancelling Facebook


I can totally sympathize with you. It's the only website I understand where I have to go through the privacy settings and make sure things have not "progressed" to leave my info, connections and data more exposed to either search engine spiders or the general public than I desire. Really, it's pretty incredibly lame on their part in a society where people grumble all the time about loss of personal privacy in the digital world.
That's another subject, however, I suppose.:-.

If you make sure that you do wish to erase your Facebook account then here's how you do that.

Are you sure that's what you wish to do, however, rather than just entering into the personal privacy settings and minimizing your direct exposure?

Okay, fine. Here are the steps ...
Go to "Account Settings":.

As soon as your there, scroll down and at the bottom you'll discover:.

Click the "shut down" link on the right and you'll see an exhaustive list of reasons you might desire to leave. They're gathering data, certainly:.

Sounds like your issue is about personal privacy, so if you pick "I have a privacy issue" you'll find a little editorial commentary from the Facebook team:.

A bit lower down you can also define that people sending you good friend welcomes (etc) will or won't trouble you:.

Again, I 'd state you need to believe thoroughly before you inspect this option, however if you truly wish to never have Facebook darken your email doorstep again, this is how to do it.

In either case, click "Deactivate My Account" if you make sure that's exactly what you desire to do. Now it's time to go through the gauntlet, starting with your password once again (simply in case somebody sees you logged in and decides it 'd be an excellent practical joke to delete your account):.

Remembered your password? Great. Now show you're not a robot:.

This CAPTCHA requires the words "Society" "darneder" (whatever that indicates). Go into those correctly and click on "Send".

Success! The account is officially shut down, removed, erased and ... um, just a sec. As you can see from the text above, Facebook doesn't appear to erase your information, simply deactivate the account. I'm guessing that's not what you want, but it's the very best you can do.

By the way, a couple of minutes later on you'll get an email from Facebook about your shut off Facebook account:.

So now you understand. That's the very best you can do, and it does successfully shut down your Facebook account and prevent anyone else from using your e-mail address in the future.