Cancel Facebook



Cancel Facebook - I'm ill of the continuous privacy changes at Facebook, frustrated that I have in great faith entered a lots of details about myself and my social circles, just to have them continuously fine-tune and fiddle things so that they can get more presence and make more cash, all while jeopardizing my privacy. Exactly what's up with that, Zuckerberg?? I'm done. How can I cancel, delete, erase, axe, eliminate my account?

 

Cancel Facebook


I can absolutely have compassion with you. It's the only website I understand where I have to go through the personal privacy settings and ensure things haven't "progressed" to leave my details, connections and information more exposed to either search engine spiders or the general public than I desire. Truly, it's quite extremely lame on their part in a society where individuals grumble all the time about loss of privacy in the digital world.
That's another subject, however, I suppose.:-.

If you make sure that you do desire to delete your Facebook account then here's how you do that.

Are you sure that's exactly what you wish to do, nevertheless, instead of just going into the privacy settings and reducing your direct exposure?

Okay, okay. Here are the actions ...
Go to "Account Settings":.

Once your there, scroll down and at the bottom you'll find:.

Click on the "shut off" link on the right and you'll see an exhaustive list of reasons you might want to leave. They're collecting information, undoubtedly:.

Sounds like your problem is about personal privacy, so if you choose "I have a personal privacy concern" you'll discover a little editorial commentary from the Facebook group:.

A bit lower down you can also specify that individuals sending you friend invites (etc) will or won't trouble you:.

Again, I 'd state you ought to think thoroughly prior to you examine this choice, however if you truly want to never ever have Facebook darken your email doorstep again, this is how to do it.

In either case, click "Deactivate My Account" if you make certain that's exactly what you wish to do. Now it's time to go through the onslaught, starting with your password once again (simply in case somebody sees you logged in and chooses it 'd be an excellent prank to erase your account):.

Remembered your password? Excellent. Now show you're not a robotic:.

This CAPTCHA needs the words "Society" "darneder" (whatever that implies). Go into those properly and click "Submit".

Success! The account is formally shut down, eliminated, erased and ... um, simply a sec. As you can see from the text above, Facebook does not seem to erase your details, just shut down the account. I'm guessing that's not exactly what you want, but it's the very best you can do.

By the method, a few minutes later on you'll get an email from Facebook about your shut off Facebook account:.

So now you know. That's the very best you can do, and it does effectively closed down your Facebook account and prevent anybody else from using your email address in the future.