Restricted On Facebook

Restricted On Facebook is an excellent method to share different sort of content with various kinds of individuals: for example, you may wish to share certain updates with your coworkers, and other kinds of updates (like those cute kid photos) with a little circle of good friends.

Facebook automatically creates a few of these lists for you, like the list of individuals who went to the same school you went to. One of the most beneficial lists is the "limited" list, because it lets you share things with your pals, while concealing them from people on your limited list.

 

My limited list includes anybody I consent to buddy however do not actually understand (as an author, I prefer to be accessible to people who read my blog site posts) in addition to my office associates, my mommy and my mother's friends. (Since even after I put my mom on my restricted list, her good friends reported on my Facebook updates.).

Restricted On Facebook


Now here is how you find the so called "limited list of pals" on Facebook:.

1. Login to your Facebook account, click the "settings" icon and choose "account settings".

2. Click "Blocking" in the left sidebar.

3. In the next page, select "Edit list" under the area "Restricted list", as revealed in the following example:.

 

4. When you click "Edit", you will have the ability to include or eliminate Facebook friends to your limited list. You would also have the ability to review which of your existing freinds were already contributed to this list and are prohibited from seeing any of your updates that are not public.

When and Why you must Restrict Individuals On Facebook.
You may question-- why not add all of them into a generic "obstructed" pal list, or include them to my associates list, instead of using this limited good friend list. Exactly what is the advantage of using restricted buddy list over a general buddy list with which I will never ever share any post or update?

Here is the distinction.

When you add friends to your "Limited list" they can just see the information and posts that you reveal. Facebook does not alert your friends when you add them to your Restricted list. You don't have to remember your personal privacy settings everytime you publish to Facebook, or stress over with whom a particular post is shared.

If you have actually included your companies and senstive pals to the limited list, they will never ever be able to see any of your updates, but you can continue to be friends with them on Facebook and exchange IM talks and messages. (related-- prevent complete strangers from sending you pal requests on Facebook).

I have a great deal of friends in Facebook and I use buddy lists very carefully. Previously, I utilized to put all those friends with whom I do not mean to share anything to the "acquaintances" list and would have the default privacy setting as "Buddies other than associates".

The problem with this approach is that when I use several devices e.g iPhone, Android or the iPad, I had to repeatedly cross check whether the privacy setting is uniform throughout all these devices.

Nevertheless, with the restricted list feature, I never ever need to worry whether my not so close can see my Facebook posts, status updates and photos that I do not want them to see.

And one more thing please don’t forget to share this awesome trick to use the Restricted On Facebook with your friends.