How Can I Hide My Date Of Birth On Facebook

It signifies our times that we are more known by our digital identities than our real ones nowadays. Digital identity theft is a clear and present danger. Facebook is a digital house for a lot of us, and we have actually looked at numerous methods to make sure that the front door is locked and safe How Can I Hide My Date Of Birth On Facebook. From hiding status updates and images to fending off strangers, and then to even setting up a Facebook 'burglar alarm', Facebook regardless of all intents and purposes can be turned into a fortress.

 

How Can I Hide My Date Of Birth On Facebook


Among the smallest information we sometimes overlook as part of our digital persona is the year of birth and subsequently our real age. No, I am not being bashful about it. Hiding your age on Facebook has a few real-world implications that are quickly overlooked.

Why Should I Conceal My Genuine Age On Facebook? 5 Reasons

1. The year of birth and thus the age is a data. The information could be a potential target of identity theft by online stalkers, scamsters, and hackers.

2. It is a filter on lots of people browse engines. For online privacy, you would desire to remove it from Facebook.

3. Creating an excellent virtual identity different from your real one requires you to conceal as lots of information as possible. Your age is among them.

4. Headhunters utilize social networks like Facebook to scan for profiles. If age is a barrier to make a put on the interviewee's chair, hide it.

5. Age is simply a number, but you wish to keep it to yourself. Thank you please!

Here's The best ways to return to the Year of Your Birth & Remove It
Fortunately, you do not need to hack into Facebook to hide your age. It's all there in the personal settings and your About info.

1. Go to your Facebook Profile page and click on About or Update Info. Both take you to the very same personal details page.

2. Search to the Fundamental Information area on the right, and click on Edit.

3. Use the dropdown under Birthday to expose the three choices readily available.

- Program my full birthday on my timeline.
- Program only month & day on my timeline.
- Don't reveal my birthday on my timeline.

The three options are quite much self-explanatory. You can choose either of the last 2 to ensure a modicum of privacy. My suggestion would be to select Show just month & day on my timeline. You wouldn't desire to lose out on all the birthday dreams would you?

4. Fall and click on Save and you are done.

5. Facebook gives you more control over your privacy by letting you pick who to make your birthday details noticeable to. Click the equipment icon to display the choices available as you can see in the screen below.

I normally keep the full birthday open up to close friends. If you have actually established Facebook good friends list, you can choose that to tweak your privacy.

Going paranoid over your year of birth and age may look like overkill. But it pays to know that there are ways to lock it down from prying eyes. Exactly what do you think? Is age just a number or an information in the socially open times we reside in?