I Want to Hide My Birthday On Facebook

It signifies our times that we are more understood by our digital identities than our real ones these days. Digital identity theft is a clear and present threat. Facebook is a digital house for a lot of us, and we have looked at numerous methods to make sure that the front door is locked and safe and secure I Want To Hide My Birthday On Facebook. From concealing status updates and photos to fending off strangers, and after that to even setting up a Facebook 'alarm system', Facebook in spite of all intents and functions can be developed into a fortress.

 

I Want To Hide My Birthday On Facebook


One of the tiniest information we sometimes neglect as part of our digital personality is the year of birth and subsequently our real age. No, I am not being bashful about it. Concealing your age on Facebook has a couple of real-world ramifications that are easily ignored.

Why Should I Conceal My Genuine Age On Facebook? 5 Reasons

1. The year of birth and hence the age is an information. The data could be a potential target of identity theft by online stalkers, scamsters, and hackers.

2. It is a filter on lots of people browse engines. For online anonymity, you would wish to eliminate it from Facebook.

3. Producing a great virtual identity separate from your real one needs you to conceal as many information as possible. Your age is one of them.

4. Headhunters use social networks like Facebook to scan for profiles. If age is a barrier to earn a location on the interviewee's chair, conceal it.

5. Age is simply a number, but you want to keep it to yourself. Thank you please!

Here's How to go back to the Year of Your Birth & Eliminate It
The good news is, you do not have to hack into Facebook to hide your age. It's all there in the personal settings and your About details.

1. Go to your Facebook Profile page and click on About or Update Details. Both take you to the very same personal details page.

2. Browse to the Basic Details section on the right, and click on Edit.

3. Use the dropdown under Birthday to reveal the three options readily available.

- Show my complete birthday on my timeline.
- Program only month & day on my timeline.
- Don't reveal my birthday on my timeline.

The 3 options are practically obvious. You can choose for either of the last two to guarantee a modicum of personal privacy. My suggestion would be to select Show just month & day on my timeline. You wouldn't want to miss out on out on all the birthday dreams would you?

4. Drop down and click Save and you are done.

5. Facebook offers you more control over your privacy by letting you select who to make your birthday details noticeable to. Click on the gear icon to display the alternatives available as you can see in the screen below.

I normally keep the full birthday open up to close friends. If you have established Facebook friends list, you can select that to tweak your privacy.

Going paranoid over your year of birth and age might appear like overkill. However it'ses a good idea to know that there are ways to lock it below spying eyes. Exactly what do you believe? Is age simply a number or an information in the socially open times we reside in?